Thursday, January 31, 2013

In my most recent development of this piece, I have departed from the more abstracted, flat design of the pneumatic tubes/french press composition posted earlier and am now trying to create more of a space and environment out of the composition. I've placed a coffee cup and a newspaper in the foreground and am playing around with text on the newspaper, though none of this is resolved at this point. To play with perspective and to recall the original imagery I was working with, I am developing the pneumatic tubes receding into the background and eventually, these delivery tubes will turn into french presses as they had in my earlier work. I think that with this process and development I am creating more of an understandable space, but am still working to incorporate the same visual elements of line, shadow, and repetition of pattern that I had in more earlier piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment